Jebat's Vet Visit: A Day of Challenges and Decisions.

Assalamualaikum, peeps!

Yesterday was quite a whirlwind for me. I had to take Jebat, my precious cat, to the veterinarian for a checkup. His leg was injured, and he seemed unwell, so it was necessary to get him looked at. Now, usually, it's Angah who handles these vet visits, but since she wasn't available, I took on the responsibility. It's funny how I found myself wondering whether I qualify as another legal guardian for Jebat in Angah's absence, haha!

He sleeps there for two days. Look at those eyes. 

Deciding when to go to the vet was a struggle. Should I go in the morning or after picking up Mek Ye from school? The thought of going alone didn't sit well with me; I felt both bored and sleep-deprived. Eventually, exhaustion caught up with me, and I dozed off. It's strange, feeling tired yet unable to stop my mind from racing. I've learned that it's a sign of exhaustion, which can be overwhelming.

Preparing to bring Jebat to the vet was nerve-wracking, especially since it was my first time. I debated with myself about when to get ready and what to say to the nurses. Financial concerns also weighed on my mind, but I couldn't shake off the fear of regretting not taking Jebat to the vet, especially after hearing about our neighbor's cats. So, despite feeling overwhelmed, I made the decision to bring Jebat to the vet.

After sorting out my internal debate, I needed a moment of peace. I played some soothing Surah, imagining myself at the beach, and eventually fell asleep. Even in my sleep, I felt like I wasn't resting enough, as if my brain was still active. It's hard to explain without sounding weird, but it helped me think more clearly and make decisions.

Before heading to the vet, I cleaned Jebat's carrier, which had been neglected for a while. Amidst all the preparation and thoughts, I managed to clean up and get some much-needed rest.

After waking up, having lunch, and praying with Mama, I picked up Mek Ye from school. Since there's no pet clinic in our town, we had to drive about 40-45 minutes. I had to prepare Mek Ye's things too, or she'd be tired and cranky. Despite my efforts, I still forgot her tudung.

"Sorry, Mek Ye! I completely forgot your tudung," I said apologetically, feeling guilty for my oversight. She just laughed it off. "Gwenchaana kakak, I will just wear this," she said, pointing to her tudung sekolah.

Throughout the trip, Jebat couldn't stop meowing, mirroring my own nervousness. His constant meowing intensified with each press on the gas pedal, making me feel even more anxious.

At the vet's, Jebat's anxiety was evident. Opening his carrier only made it worse, and he refused to leave the safety of his carrier. I comforted him, petting his head and wishing for his calmness. Eventually, he settled down, though still a bit nervous.

"Hey there, Jebat, it's okay buddy. We're just here to get you checked out," I whispered, hoping my voice would calm him down.

During the registration, I stumbled over my words, feeling lost when asked why I was there. I eventually managed to explain Jebat's symptoms, feeling a bit blurry in the process.

In the consultation room, I showed the nurse Jebat's injured leg, which was oozing pus.

"Looks like he's got a nasty wound here," the nurse remarked, examining Jebat's leg closely.

The doctor suggested admitting Jebat for observation and treatment, given his condition.

"Do you think it's necessary for him to stay overnight?" I asked, feeling a bit apprehensive about the idea.

"It would be best for his recovery. We can monitor him closely and ensure he gets the care he needs," the doctor explained gently.

Inside the consultation room, as the nurse attended to Jebat's wound, I couldn't help but feel a pang of nostalgia. It reminded me of how my dad used to care for us when we were sick. "Thank you, Ayah, for always taking care of us," I whispered silently, grateful for his love and support.

After the consultation and paying the deposit, Mek Ye and I grabbed some food and headed home.

Get well soon, Jebat! 








spread love ♥

Comments

Popular Posts